The Basic Rider Course is usually held weekends. A Friday evening class followed by a Saturday and Sunday classroom and hands on riding
on the range.
There is an evaluation test on Sunday at the end of the day. Written and riding, with no guarantee that you will pass.
Passing it is a accomplishment you will cherish. Rider Coaches provide
additional help for those who struggle with the evaluations. Motorcycles and helmets are provided.
You are assigned a motorcycle, usually a 250 cc street motorcycle.
You may also register Saturdays and Sundays during a Basic Riders Course. RiderCoaches will assist you, call
(386) 756-4733 or use the online BRC registration
What do you need for the class?
1. Helmet - Your own helmet is acceptable provided
that it is has DOT certification, but will be inspected by the RiderCoaches to
ensure they meet DOT standards. They must be in serviceable condition.
2. Eye protection - Face shield, goggles sun glasses, or
prescription glasses may be worn.
3. Full Fingered Gloves - Any gloves that cover
the entire hand and fingers, such as motorcycle gloves, garden or mechanics
4. Long Pants - Jeans or leather full length long
pants, with no holes.
5. Long Sleeve Shirt - Any long sleeve shirt
6. Over the angle Footwear- Boots are preferred, but any
sturdy over the ankle footwear is acceptable. Thin canvas shoes are not